MIRA Safety Kids Gas Mask Nuclear Survival Kit w/ FilterMIRA Safety
MIRA Safety Kids Gas Mask Nuclear Survival Kit
Combining MIRA's new MD-1 Children’s Gas Mask with an NBC-77 SOF gas mask filter and a lightweight hose-and-pouch system, MIRA's Children’s Nuclear & Pandemic Protection Kit offers all-in-one protection from a wide range of chemical, biological, and nuclear threats. In addition, the included Thyrosafe tablets provide crucial frontline protection against potential radiation exposure.
Self-contained and designed for up to 10 years of shelf-stable storage, this kit is the ideal solution for practical family protection from disasters and dangerous exposure.
- Emergency preparedness
- Natural disasters
- Technology-related accidents accompanied by hazardous substance emissions
KEY FEATURES OF THE KIDS GAS MASK NUCLEAR SURVIVAL KIT:
- MD-1 mask manufactured in 2021 with a 10-year shelf life
- STANAG 4155 (EN 148-1) compliant 40mm x 1/7” filter thread fits standard 40 mm thread NATO filter cartridges
- Designed with a panoramic polycarbonate visor (>70% field of vision) for added situational awareness
- Can be used in temperatures ranging from –30 to 50°C
- Breathing hose included
- Mask weighs just over 1 lb. with hose attached
- Available in two sizes
- Can be used with optional Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (sold separately)
- NBC-77 SOF filter provides robust protection from CBRN threats, with a 20-year shelf life
- Includes MIRA Safety Gas Mask Pouch with neck strap
- 20 FDA-approved ThyroSafe™ potassium iodide tablets (65mg each)
This Children’s Nuclear & Pandemic Protection Kit is designed to provide the absolute essentials for protecting the most vulnerable members of your family in the event of unexpected catastrophes or exposure.
At the core of this kit is our new MD-1 Children’s Gas Mask. The most advanced, best value children’s respirator on the market today, the MD-1 is an ultra-lightweight mask with a wide panoramic visor and 5-point head harness.
Unlike expensive, single-use alternatives, the MD-1 uses the same 40 mm filters as your mask, allowing you to rely on a single supply of canisters (like our cutting-edge MIRA canister filters that feature an extended 20-year shelf life) to maximize the odds of survival in the event of a disaster. It’s also compatible with accessories like our Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
In this kit, we’ve included a MIRA Safety Gas Mask Pouch that can be used to store the kit when not in use and to hold the filter and hose when the mask is deployed. The pouch is engineered to withstand abuse without tearing. It also comes with a flexible mounting system and padding for comfort through long hours on the move.
The included ThyroSafe tablets are one of the only FDA-approved iodine tablets available in the US—making them an affordable, must-have solution for every family.
Nuclear accidents and incidents can release radiation. As you may know, radioactive iodine accumulates in the thyroid and causes serious illness or death. Taking iodine tablets blocks the absorption of radioactive iodine. That’s why these tablets are the first thing people will want and need in the event of a nuclear catastrophe, so it’s important to have them on hand ahead of time.
KIDS CBRN KIT INCLUDES:
(1) MD-1 Children’s Gas Mask
(1) 40 mm NATO threaded extension hose
(1) MIRA Safety Gas Mask Pouch
(1) NBC-77 SOF Gas Mask Filter
(1) Package 65 mg Thyrosafe tablets
THE MD-1 CHILDREN’S GAS MASK IS AVAILABLE IN TWO SIZES:
Medium: Children 2 to 6 years old
Large: Kids 6 to 12 years old
MASK TECHNICAL DATA:
Weight: 500g maximum (without bag or filter)
Field of View: >70%
Material of Facepiece: Natural Rubber or Butyl Rubber (depending on availability)
Facepiece Color: Navy Blue
Material of Visor: Polycarbonate
Filter Connection Thread: EN 148-1 Standard 40 mm x 1/7”
Exhalation Resistance at 30l/min Airflow: 90 Pa